Performers scheduled to appear include Steve Vai, Zakk Wylde (Ozzy Osbourne), Mike Portnoy (The Winery Dogs, Dream Theater), Billy Sheehan (The Winery Dogs), Derek Sherinian (Billy Idol), and John 5 (Rob Zombie). Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine), Nuno Bettencourt (Extreme), and Richie Kotzen (The Winery Dogs) have just been announced as joining this incredible line-up to be part of the all-star jam. That Metal Show host Eddie Trunk will serve as master of ceremonies.
All proceeds from the concert and auction will be collected on behalf of guitar/keyboard virtuoso Tony MacAlpine, who was recently diagnosed with colon cancer, and his family. (His wife was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.)
In addition to the benefit concert, a wealth of items will be available for auction at the show. Non L.A.-based fans can also bid by visiting here on the day of the show through December 19. Auction items include:
- Personal guitars donated by Steve Vai, KISS, Steve Lukather, Joe Satriani, Steve Stevens, Paul Gilbert, Joe Bonamassa, John Petrucci, Tom Morello, Richie Kotzen, Vinnie Moore, and Jeff Loomis
- Signature snare drums from Simon Phillips, Gregg Bissonette, Mike Portnoy, and Eric Singer
- Signature bass from Billy Sheehan
- Personal bass lessons with Rudy Sarzo
- Stage outfit worn by John 5 on the Rob Zombie tour
- A balcony stateroom and two Gold VIP packages from the Axes & Anchors Cruise (February 20-24, 2016)
MacAlpine’s gear manufacturers – Ibanez, Hughes & Kettner, EMG, Ernie Ball, Source Audio, Voodoo Lab, and Xotic Effects – have also generously donated equipment to be raffled off at the show.
Tickets are on sale now via LiveNation here.
Anyone who would like to contribute to help out Tony and his family can do so here.