As we previewed last week, Astell&Kern debuted its new AK70 High-Resolution Portable Audio Player at CE Week in the Hi Res Audio Pavilion at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City on June 22-23, 2016.
The AK70 ($599) is the latest portable high-resolution audio player in the Astell&Kern lineup. A new entry-level portable hi-res player, the single DAC AK70 is the first Astell&Kern portable player to feature a digital line out via optical and USB. This allows users a range of options to connect their own favorite external DAC.
Other features of the Astell&Kern AK70 include:
- Single Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC Chipset
- Support for high-resolution audio playback up to 192KHz/24-bit PCM audio and up to double-rate, 5.6MHz DSD (converted to PCM)
- 64GB internal flash storage with single microSD card slot for up to 200GB of additional storage memory
- DLNA 1.0 Compatible
- Wi-Fi enabled, supports OTA firmware updates and streaming music from other devices on the same network
- Supports AK Connect app, available for iOS and Android devices
- USB DAC function that can be connected to a Mac/PC to bypass internal soundcard and output hi-res audio
- CD-Ripper compatible, allowing the user to rip music directly to the player without the need for a computer
The Astell&Kern AK70 will be available in July 2016.