Denon Electronics announces two new Network A/V receivers in the S Series line: the AVR-S720W ($479) and AVR-S920W ($579). These two units will replace the AVR-S710W and AVR-S910W. The AVR-S720W and AVR-S920W are both expected to be available in April 2016.
The AVR-S720W and AVR-S920W have built in dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, extensive network capability, 4K full-rate pass through and HDCP2.2, HDR (High Dynamic Range), Dolby Atmos and DTS:X (via future firmware update anticipated in August 2016) capability, and a best-in-class user interface. Other highlights include a powerful seven-channel discrete amplifier with auto Eco mode and dual subwoofer outputs, as well as the Audyssey Bronze suite of powerful DSP features, including MultEQ room acoustic measurement and DSP correction. They also link up to Denon’s renowned HEOS whole-home audio system. These units feature IP control capability, and when paired with the HEOS Link, users can easily control the receiver with the Denon HEOS app.
The AVR-S720W 7.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD A/V receiver with built in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth offers technology from Denon’s top-of-the-range A/V models for high performance at an amazing value. With Dolby Atmos, listeners can experience the same revolutionary 3D surround sound found in premium movie theaters in their own home. It has the ability to create an overhead surround soundfield that dramatically expands the sonic space. Via a future firmware update, the AVR-S720W is also able to decode the newest DTS:X soundtracks.
The AVR-S720W features an advanced video processing and signal handling system, including the latest HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 specifications that’s fully compatible on all six HDMI inputs. With 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range(HDR), 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support on every input, the AVR-S720W is ready for the next generation of 4K Ultra HD sources.
Full wireless connectivity is reached with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and dual antennas help ensure a robust signal transmission and reception. For incredible fidelity, high-resolution audio formats and playback are fully supported in this unit. And getting music is a snap: users simply stream their favorite audio tracks wirelessly to the AVR-S720W with the Denon 2016 AVR Remote app available on iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire smart device apps.
The AVR-S920W 7.2 channel Full 4K Ultra HD A/V receiver with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth has many of the same features of the AVR-S720W, including Dolby Atmos surround sound decoding and the ability to decode DTS:X soundtracks via a future firmware update.
Looking ahead, the AVR-S920W features an advanced video section that’s fully compatible with the latest HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all eight HDMI inputs. With 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR),21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support on every input, the AVR-S920W is ready for the next generation of 4K Ultra HD sources.
And like the S720W, the S920W’s full wireless connectivity is reached with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and dual antennas help ensure a robust signal transmission and reception. High-resolution audio formats and playback are fully supported for incredible fidelity. Getting music is a snap, users simply stream their favorite audio tracks wirelessly to the AVR-S920W with the Denon 2016 AVR Remote app available on iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire smart device apps.
Denon AVR-S720W- Key Features
· 7.2ch platform
· 165W maximum power output per channel (6ohm, 1kHz, 1ch driven), 75W (8ohm, 20Hz-20kHz,THD:0.08%) Power Amp
· Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support and Bluetooth
· 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through and 4:4:4 color resolution
· HDR (High Dynamic Range)
· Dolby Atmos built in (5.1.2)
· DTS:X ready (via future firmware update)
· Audyssey MultEQ setup with MIC stand included in the box / Dynamic EQ & Volume
· Six HDMI inputs (including one front) with full HDCP 2.2 support
· Networking: AirPlay, Internet Radio, Pandora, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, DLNA 1.5
· DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, and WAV High Resolution audio streaming
· Upgraded sound design
· HDMI: Front one in, Rear five in / 1 out
· Digital audio inputs: 2 Opt /1 Coax
· Audio: 2 in, Video: CVBS 2 in /1 out
· Extensive network capability
· Denon HEOS Link IP Control
· Best-in-class user interface (Ease of installation and connection, Wi-Fi setup, Audyssey MIC stand, ECO mode)
· Front panel USB input with iPod digital direct
· AM/FM Radio
· 2-zone/2-source via variable Amplified zone
· Intelligent ECO mode with ON/OFF/AUTO Settings
· Setup assistant with icon-based GUI
· Horizontal layout speaker terminals with color labeling
· Speaker cable labels supplied
· Larger character display
· 4 Quick Select button and RC button
· Standby HDMI pass-through
· Denon 2016 AVR Remote app for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire
· Smart TV connectivity
· Available in black
Denon AVR S920W- Additional Features
· 185W maximum power output per channel (6ohm, 1kHz, 1ch driven), 90W(8ohm, 20Hz-20kHz,THD:0.08%) Power Amp
· Eight HDMI 2.0a inputs (including one front); two HDMI outputs with full HDCP 2.2 support
· Dual HDMI output
· Advanced Video Processing with 4K upscaling
· Upgraded Denon sound engineering design