McIntosh announces the MA9000 integrated amplifier, said to be the company’s largest integrated amp in both size and power. The MA9000 offers 300 watts per channel, and shipping is expected to begin in July. The U.S. SRP is $10,500.
The MA9000’s ten analog connections are comprised of two balanced and six unbalanced inputs, plus one Moving Coil (MC) and one Moving Magnet (MM) phono input. Both phono inputs feature adjustable loading for fine tuning of vinyl playback. All unbalanced analog connectors are made from premium gold-plated solid brass for superior signal handling and grounding.
On the digital side, two coax, two optical, one USB, and one MCT input are all housed in the future-proofed DA1 Digital Audio Module, which can be replaced by future modules to keep the MA9000 up to date as new digital audio formats and technologies are developed. The DA1 utilizes a powerful 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) used in Quad Balanced mode. Hi-res DSD256 and DXD 384kHz is supported via the USB input, while the coax and optical inputs will decode music up to 192/24. All inputs can be given custom names for user-friendly system control and configuration.
The MA9000 also features the company’s new McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks laden with the infamous “Mc” logo, and are made from high-quality materials with excellent thermal conductivity properties. They’re connected to advanced high current output transistors that eliminate thermal equilibrium lag time (or warm-up time), meaning the first note played will sound just as good as those played later in the listening session.
Even more powerful control microprocessors have been used in the MA9000 to improve overall system operation. Some of the latest audio-grade circuit components have also been utilized to allow the MA9000 to deliver the best sound possible. At 300 watts per channel, the MA9000 has enough power to properly drive virtually all loudspeakers – and the McIntosh Autoformer guarantees speakers will always receive that full 300 watts regardless if they have 2-, 4-, or 8-ohm impedance.
- Power Guard that monitors and adjusts the sound wave at the speed of light to prevent harsh sounding distortion and clipping that could damage the speakers
- Sentry Monitor fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- Home Theater PassThru that allows for seamless integration into a home theater system
- High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD) which can bring an added dimension to headphone listening
- A discrete, eight-band tone control that allows for advanced manual analog adjustment of favorite recordings
- Power Control to send power on/off signals to connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown
- Our patented Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts that easily but securely attach the speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short; the binding posts are also gold-plated to prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent to the speakers
As seen above, the entire MA9000 unit is wrapped in the classic McIntosh aesthetic with blue watt meters, a black glass front panel, control knobs, illuminated logo, aluminum end caps with built-in handles, and a polished stainless steel chassis.